On this episode we talk with Adam Toll, CEO of Haste (Haste.net) – a network service that reduces lag, packet loss & jitter during gaming. According to crunchbase, Haste received $2.5M Seed funding in July from Deep Space Ventures, BLH Venture Partners, Hallett Capital and Tech Squared Ventures. We talk about the origin story of Haste and how lag is impacting competitive gaming, building a community and we talk some specific advice for startup founders in the esports industry. Be sure to check out their Discord Channel which you can find on their website. You’re going to love this one!
SUBSCRIBE to the VIP Esports Digest
Questions Asked During the Show
- [00:54] Tell us the origin story of Haste?
- [10:45] How has working with VCs been of value to you?
- [14:30] What are some reasons startups fail?
- [17:20] What’s been one big challenge for you and how did you overcome it?
- [26:19] How do you decide what’s better, bootstrapping of getting funding?
- [31:06] Biggest Accomplishment so far in your career?
- [36:02] How can we capitalize on the excitement of esports?
- [44:08] Best advice someone has ever given you?
- [45:10] Most memorable moment in esports?
- [46:57] Advice for someone who is just starting their business?
- [49:30] One daily habit that’s been the biggest factor for your success?
- [51:40] If you were just getting going with your esports startup today, what would your life look like after 30, 60, 90 and a year?