I’m super excited to have @HNPDeathBlow & @The_Blevins From the High Noon Podcast on the show. The High Noon Podcast is THE competitive overwatch podcast.These guys are super funny, they have a great podcast that’s been going on for about 2 years now and they are creating a really awesome community around the competitive overwatch scene. You can catch them live every Monday night at 7pm eastern on http://Twitch.tv/highnoonpodcast. Their show is also on YouTube and iTunes and i’m sure plenty of other places. Go check them out. Give them your support and join their discord community.
Follow the High Noon Podcast here:
- @highnoonpodcast on Twitter
- High Noon Podcast on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE to the VIP Esports Digest on TheEsportsNarrative.com
Questions Asked During the Show
- [02:15] What’s your story – how did you get into video games and ultimately esports & overwatch?
- [06:21] What is your main?
- [07:08] What do you guys do for a living?
- [08:55] How did the idea for the High Noon Podcast come about?
- [12:39] You guys have created a great touch point for the competitive overwatch community with your show the High Noon Podcast. How do you keep a pulse on the competitive overwatch community?
- [15:54] What do you think about the content around the OWL? From the teams to the league itself. What would you like to see more of as fans?
- [18:03] You guys touched on the observer mode changes a little bit in your Overwatch World Cup episode, but is the overwatch class based shooter style game too difficult for an esports audience?
- [21:26] What’s the current meta? Is it different in bronze as opposed to gold/plat to OWL?
From a competitive standpoint?
- [25:04] Would you call Overwatch a success thus far, why/why not?
- [27:18] Many people have said that the “Overwatch League has the potential to be incredibly harmful and burn a bunch of people.” Do you agree?
- [32:35] How do you think the viewership numbers for the Overwatch World Cup panned out in relation to expectations? https://esc.watch/blog/post/blizzcon2017-stats
- [35:43] How do you think the global viewership numbers are going to pan out? Do you think there will be less viewership outside of the US because of game/broadcast times?
- [37:25] Is it a good thing to create geolocated brands for an industry that’s global by its very nature?
- [40:25] What “gotchas” should we as an industry of creators/streamers/players/teams/organizations watch out for?
- [44:29] As an amateur gamer, how can someone prepare and attempt to play Overwatch at the pro level?
- [47:55] Is age a determining factor at becoming a professional Overwatch player?
- [50:55] Who are the movers and shakers of the industry?
- [55:54] What resources are available to look up or track detailed information about Overwatch heroes or gameplay or statistics?