What’s up everybody, today’s episode is coming at you with straight fire and massive insights. This time Jay Duncan @DYTNetwork, Streaming & VIP Director of KCGameOn, former pro gamer and business owner, joins me to talk about how to get the most out of an esports event, how to support your local video game and esports community and all sorts of details in between. Really great insights in this episode. It’s all in the little details so make sure you listen closely! The local video game and esports communities are crucial to the long term success of the industry as a whole. I highly encourage you to go to these events, volunteer and help out if you’re into that kind of thing and if you don’t have anything local, consider getting a group of people together and starting something awesome in your area!
SUBSCRIBE to the VIP Esports Digest on TheEsportsNarrative.com
Questions Asked During the Show
- [02:23] What’s your story, how did you get into video games and esports?
- [07:25] Why is esports so exciting and exploding right now?
- [10:42] What is KCGameOn?
- [18:09] Thoughts about providing more value than you get in return
- [22:31] What can we do to attract more people who are familiar and unfamiliar with video games and esports and get them to come to events?
- [27:42] How do you get the most out of a video game or esports event as the organizer AND how do you ensure patrons get the most out of it as well?
- [36:40] What you shouldn’t do?
- [39:55] As a streamer/content creator/professional gamer who wants to grow their personal brand, how do you promote yourself at an event so people actually give you attention?
- [46:09] What are some of the best ways to get involved & support your local video game or esports community?
- [49:56] How have local business been acting towards what you’re creating with kcgameon?
- [53:17] How do you take your event to the next level for you as the organizer and for patrons?
- [59:26] What do you think the esports industry needs to continue to grow and be successful?
- [1:04:26] What do you do as Streaming & VIP Director?