Had such a blast talking with Mike Crossman (@claimtofameceo)CEO of a Northeast Esports Gaming Entertainment Company Claim To Fame Entertainment. They are dedicated to hosting esports focused events and have created a community of passionate gamers in the Capitol Region of NY State. We go into some really deep details related to the business of running an esports startup. Everything from inspiration for his idea, to what success looks like and how he tracks it, to what his company looks like in 5 years.
This is a brand new style show I am shooting for. Bare with me as I get the nuances down and really fine-tune how I want this to run. Leave me some feedback on how you liked or didn’t like it!!
Follow Claim To Fame on all the socials!
SUBSCRIBE to the VIP Esports Digest on TheEsportsNarrative.com
Questions Asked During the Show
- [03:49] What’s your earliest memories of playing video games?
- [07:34] Why is esports so exciting and exploding right now?
- [09:27] What trends within esports are you currently obsessed with?
- [11:36] Honest opinion about ICOs and cryptocurrency as prizes?
- [15:07] What inspired you to start claim to fame entertainment?
- [17:47] What does the statement “What’s your Claim to Fame” mean?
- [21:20] Why is now the time for your company to exist?
- [23:41] What does your team look like right now?
- [26:46] In 2018 what does success look like and how do you measure/track it?
- [29:19] Is Claim To Fame a full-time job or a side hustle?
- [34:00] Where do you think your growth will be next year and in 5 years?
- [36:09] What was it like getting your first paying customer?
- [37:37] How do you continue to fund the business?
- [41:52] What’s the biggest threat to Claim To Fame?
- [43:12] What’s been the hardest thing you’ve done since you started?
- [45:52] What lessons in esports have you had to learn the hard way?
- [47:00] What do you think the esports industry needs to continue to grow and be successful?